We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Camogli from Cinque Terre?

dmd
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
232 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Camogli from Cinque Terre?

We have nights and we are trying to decide whether to stay in Camogli or stay half of the time in Camolgi and have in Cinque Terre. We have 3 young kids. We're going in August. Camogli has a pool. Any thoughts from anyone? Any place to stay with kids in Cinque Terre?

Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,092 reviews
from US$114.30*
Cinque Terre Tour from Florence
694 reviews
from US$114.30*
Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence
49 reviews
from US$120.60*
Special Offer
Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip...
1,021 reviews
from US$176.50*
US$214.60
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,825 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Camogli from Cinque Terre?

Camogli is about 45 km. west along the coast from the start of the Cinque Terre. It is on a promontory about 1 km. from Recco. There is a good rail link along the coast all the way from Genoa through Recco to La Spezia. You can check on train times on www.trenitalia.it (English language version) so if you have a good pool in Camogli you can always go out on the train for day trips to the Cinque Terre and save yourselves the hassle of moving with your baggage half way through your holiday.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Camogli from Cinque Terre?

Agree with Robert. Camogli is delightful - use it as your base. Can recommend the Hotel Cenobio dei Dogi (www.cenobio.it)

dmd
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
232 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Camogli from Cinque Terre?

Thank you for your post. I have 3 kids--one 5 yr old. We have 8 days. We thought we'd spend 3 nights in Camogli and 5 in Cinque Terre. Or should I just stay in Camogli? How far (time) is Camogli from Cinque Terre by train?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Camogli from Cinque Terre?

My mom and I stayed at the Hotel del Cenobio too. It seemed a little overpriced to me but the hotel is right on the water and it was a great place to start our trip. Have the pine nut cake for dessert if you go there. Please see my other post about the Cinque Terre. You may pick up the train in Camogli - no driving required. Despite that since we were heading to Florence after, we drove to Monterosso, hiked to Vernazza, and then took the train back to our car. That is not a good hike for really little kids. It is strenuous even for adults in decent shape. I would suggest starting in Rio Maggiore. Be forewarned it is easy walking but really crowded.