We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Cinque Terre from Florence

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to Cinque Terre from Florence

We will be in Florence for 9 days late Dec. and early Jan. Would like to do a day trip by train to CT area. What would anyone recommend for a day and where. We will be walking, busses or local whatever. How is weather at that time? Recommendations for a day itinerary?

Casa

Toronto
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to Cinque Terre from Florence

I had a wonderful day trip to Cinque Terre from Florence in mid October this year. It was worth the it.The scenery is amazing and the little towns are tiny fishing villages.We took a 2 hour train from Florence to LaSpezia and were then able to board the train that connects the towns of Cinque Terre. We travelled to Monterossa first (very short distances between towns) looked around then got on the train to Vernazza.We then took train to Manarola and did the famous walk called Via dell'Amour-20 minutes,very beautiful-which takes you to Riomaggiore.We then made our way back to Florence and even with long train delays we were back by 8pm.I did read the weather is cold in December but I would bundle up and do it.

2. Re: day trip to Cinque Terre from Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 18:18