We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cinque terre winter

Which Corniglia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kalamazoo,MI
1 post
Save Topic
cinque terre winter

Does anyone know if the cinque terre, mainly vernazza will be open during the end of december?? I will be in Florence on Dec 26 and was thinking about visiting the cinque terre. I dont want to get there and find everything closed. Any info would be of great help. Thanks

Wiesbaden Germany
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: cinque terre winter

I'm heading down to Cinque Terra this weekend (10-13 Nov) and will check. I will ask and see how things are in December for you.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,002 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cinque terre winter

Of course "Vernazza will be open""... it's a living village, not a museum! Granted, a few hotels/restaurants will be closed for the season, but most definitely you won't be left out without food or accommodation. I personally only go there in winter -- too many people around at other times, and winter is the best time of year for hiking in the area.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,002 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cinque terre winter

Of course "Vernazza will be open""... it's a living village, not a museum! Granted, a few hotels/restaurants will be closed for the season, but most definitely you won't be left out without food or accommodation. I personally only go there in winter -- too many people around at other times, and winter is the best time of year for hiking in the area.

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cinque terre winter

CT are vilaages with local people living there all year.. so they do not close.. anyway I do not suggest to go there in December.. it's cold and will be difficult to hike on the hill between the villages.. go there between March and October

Ciao

Monterosso Al Mare
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cinque terre winter

Yes, not everything open... but something yes!

We have to live here :-)

Giorgio

jmoggia@yahho.it

Get answers to your questions about Corniglia