We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manarola on Sunday

Seattle
Level Contributor
480 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Manarola on Sunday

We will be in Manarola on a Sunday mid-April. Will we have difficulty finding open stores and restaurants? Is there a local Catholic church in town with Sunday service, or do we need to go to another village? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Manarola
Manarola
Cinque Terre, Italy
Seattle
Level Contributor
480 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manarola on Sunday

Could I ask this question again? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,603 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manarola on Sunday

This church isn't mentioned in your guidebook? It's been there since the 1300s I would think your guidebook would definitely have a mention of it; this site says it is open 7 days a week -whether it is catholic or not, I don't now but you might be able to do some googling to come up with the answer.

www.destination360.com/europe/italy/manarola

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,730 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manarola on Sunday

Manarola lives on tourism. All the restaurants will be open on Sunday, and most of the shops.

Mentioned in this post
Manarola
Manarola
Cinque Terre, Italy
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manarola on Sunday

According to this page, there are masses in Manarola on Saturday at 5 PM and Sunday at 11.

www.levanto.com/1princip/sante_messe.htm

The top part of the page has the schedules for July and August. You have to look at the bottom, below where it says "Inverno" (winter) in red.

Mentioned in this post
Manarola
Manarola
Cinque Terre, Italy
Seattle
Level Contributor
480 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manarola on Sunday

Thank you for this valuable information.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manarola on Sunday

You're welcome. The mass schedule is from a couple of years ago, so I would verify it. Your hotel should be able to help you.

7. Re: Manarola on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:16