We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

Vernazza or Monterosso? Which town would be the better choice for lodging with 2 teenagers, ages 16 and 13? I've read that Vernazza is more charming, but perhaps a larger town with a beach would be more exciting. Any advice would be appreciated.

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

for someone from Virginia the beach in Monterosso is not much -- my then 14 year old daughter deemed Vernazza the best place we visited on our trip from Rome to Paris with her -- and you can swim off the rocks in season

good restaurants too

vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

Hello wander

I think so says grace. Vernazza is small town a little beache but

you can swimming along the cliff coast safe an als have social life

with all. In my opinion the best place to stay soalso says Grace

good planning

mino from Vernazza

California
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

Monterosso is the only real beach in CT and has more to do than the other villages

old town Monterosso is also very charming

Vernazza is charming but I prefer to stay in Monterosso, you also have a little more elbow room in Monterosso

I like the Hotel Margherita

Adelaide
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

I would definitely recommend Monterosso. It has two beaches, and plenty of good restaurants and bars. It also has more little shops to visit. There is much more action happening in Monterosso than Vernazza.

I am in my twenties, and I think that Vernazza would be too quiet for me to stay at.

Monterosso is also charming, and you can do the Cinque Terre hike between the towns and visit the others along the way.

If it gives you any indication, we caught the train there, and there was a school of children who were all extremely excited about Monterosso.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

Definitely Monterosso del Mare!

It's the largest town with the best beach, most restaurants, largest selection of accommodations, and it has the most to do.

It also has an Old and New Town, so there's something for everyone!

Vagabonda

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
949 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

Just came back from CT, stayed Vernazza, nothing much to do for teens anywhere around, if not hiking. Does not matter much where you stay , frquent trains between all cities. I'd go for M, though, with teens and all -

7. Re: Vernazza or Monterosso with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare