We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monterossa beaches

Santa Barbara
5 posts
Save Topic
monterossa beaches

We are staying late August in Monterossa at the La colonnina hotel. I was wondering what beaches are free and which ones charge a fee. Also how is the weather at this time of year (I'm hoping quite warm). Is it a long stroll to the beach from the La Colonnina Hotel? Thanks!

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monterossa beaches

Well in August the temperature of the water is going to be warm and the air probably very .. August is the hottest month of the year but usually at the end of the month it stasts to cool down

Regarding the beach I haven't been there recently but there shoud be free beaches.. I just think there is a ticket to pay to visit CT national park but not expensive (feweuros)

Monterosso Al Mare
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monterossa beaches

Ciao,

From hotel colonnina to beaches there are 100 metres!

You can have private beaches and also free beaches.

I live close to hotel Colonnina!

Giorgio

Ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monterossa beaches

Joe74,

We are taking our first visit to Europe and will be in Monterosso June 16th for 3 or 4 nights.. but we cannot find accomodations anywhere... we have emailed, faxed, or called many places.. Do you have any suggestions. We know this is a busy time for Europe in general but do not have flexiblity on the dates. There are 4 of us. 3 college students and one mom :)

I would appreciate any direction/help you can give me.

Thank you

Sailing

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
416 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monterossa beaches

sailing on by,

My hubby and I will also be in Monterosso around the same time you are-- we are staying at Hotel Pasquale. Have you tried them? Rick Steve's recommends. Every room has a view. Otherwise, you may check Hotel Baia in the new section of Monterosso. I have heard this time of year, air-conditioning is not a necessity, so don't let hotels w/o AC discourage you.

Sinceramente,

Quenzette

Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare