We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Riomaggiore

Walnut Creek...
4 posts
Save Topic
Parking in Riomaggiore

I noticed that all the posts are from 2007 through 2010. What is the parking situation in Riomaggiore in 2012? I would like to park my car there for 5 days as I hike all the way to Monterossa.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,220 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Riomaggiore

You can hike from Riomaggiore to Monterosso in one day, and a train takes only 15 minutes for the journey. How much research have you done?

Walnut Creek...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Riomaggiore

Not enough as life has been crazy -- this is why I decided to reach out to people via this website -- i don't want to take trains -- just hike and spend one night in each village as each one has something special I would like to enjoy -- in NO hurry as I will be in Italy 5 weeks

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Riomaggiore

There is a car park as you approach Riomaggiore but it depends when you are proposing to stay whether or not there will be free places. Some of the accommodation places will probably reserve a place for you if you are staying in Riomaggiore. If you intend just to leave your car there you will have to carry your luggage since it wil not be secure. Also the price is likely to be quite high.

Walnut Creek...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Riomaggiore

Thank you - is there a place to park a car with your luggage in the trunk for several days and know it is a secure or is that a dream? I am willing to pay for it -- just want the flexibility

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,886 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Riomaggiore

It's always a risk to leave luggage unattended in a car anywhere!!

Vagabonda

6. Re: Parking in Riomaggiore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Riomaggiore