We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Nice to Riomaggiore

Which Riomaggiore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Train from Nice to Riomaggiore

Hi

I am struggling to figure out the train tickets in order to travel from Nice to Riomaggiore in April of this year.

Can I book train tickets from Nice to Genoa online in advance? What exactly are the train strations called?

Can I also buy tickets from Genoa to Riomaggiore in advance?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,785 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Train from Nice to Riomaggiore

For trains from Ventimiglia to Riomaggiore until June 8 see www.trenitalia.com - click the British flag at the top for English. As explained earlier in this thread, the direct Regional trains may not be a comfortable experience. Regional trains have no reserved seats, but InterCity trains do.

I is unfortunate that you have bought a Eurail pass, which is very rarely good value, and a particular problem in France. You may be able to make an advance reservation (which is compulsory) for the Avignon-Nice train on www.raileurope.com/ - but if not you will have to buy at a French train station. French trains have limited quotas for pass-holders and if the quota is sold out, you will have to reserve on a different train (and possibly on a different day) or buy a proper ticket. There are no reservations between Nice and Ventimiglia.

With a pass, it is still strangely possible to travel on Italian InterCity trains from Ventimiglia without a reservation, even though reservations are compulsory for absolutely everyone else. However you may be asked to move your seat by someone with a reservation at any one of the many intermediate stops. If you want to stop that happening, buy a seat reservation for €3 in Ventimiglia. Reservations are compulsory for pass-holders on Frecciabianca trains between Genoa and la Spezia and cost €10, so avoid these.

Avignon to Riomaggiore is a train journey better done in two days rather than one.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 13:17
Renmark, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Train from Nice to Riomaggiore

Thank you very very much :)

13. Re: Train from Nice to Riomaggiore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Riomaggiore