We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vernazza to tuscany to florence

Timonium Maryland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
vernazza to tuscany to florence

we are planning 2 nights in verzazzo then wanted to see siena ,then a few days in tuscany before finishing our trip in florence. I have looked at buses, trains, and cars and need help in deciding how to do this in the shortest time. any advice?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,495 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vernazza to tuscany to florence

Take a train from Vernazza to La Spezia and pick up a rental car there. When you have finished touring, drop the car at Florence airport and take a bus or taxi into town.

I would gently point out that both Siena and Florence are in Tuscany, which is a very large region of Italy.

vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: vernazza to tuscany to florence

Hello Kibolla

I suggest take the train in Vernazza to Siena (it take about 4 hours)

and there rent the car to go around tuscany (S. Giminiano and... so on)

In Florence drop the car (use bus -walking -in town)

mino

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vernazza to tuscany to florence

Wow:

DE's are saints.

Kibolla:

I've been around the block...................honestly, you need to do some homework. Read up on what's entailed with visiting here, and what your options might be.

Seriously, these people aren't travel agents, and I can understand where you are coming from with this being your first post.

Have you done any background reading at all?

Tartu
Level Contributor
151 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vernazza to tuscany to florence

We took the Vernazza- La Spezia train and then changed the train La Spezia -Pisa. Finally we took the Pisa - Florence line to get to our destination. It was quite complicated but cheap.

5. Re: vernazza to tuscany to florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 02:18