We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terre Trails as of May 2012

Which Vernazza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
376 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terre Trails as of May 2012

I was planning to hike the entire coastal trail #2 from Monterosso to Riomaggiore and return by boat.

With much of trail #2 marked closed on the Cinque Terre Park Site, I was wondering if any recent travelers have put together alternative routes to go from one end to the other? I see the high route is open #1 but I really wanted to be closer to the water and the views.

Are there recent travelers who can tell me whether the boats are still running between all of the towns? Park buses? Trains?

I just can't find any up to date information online--any suggestions?

Thanks for any help--I'd appreciate it!

United States
Level Contributor
9,596 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terre Trails as of May 2012

Here is the 2012 ferry schedule for the Cinque Terre: the boats are running their normal schedule as of April 1.

…computernopanic.com/USER_CONTENT/…

The trains have been running normally since a few days after the flooding.

http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html

Vernazza was the only village whose road was washed away so the buses in other villages are on their normal schedules.

TAB

Edited: 03 May 2012, 22:04
Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terre Trails as of May 2012

There are MANY alternative trails that have been opened to make sure hikers get the same experience. Though you are further from the water in the higher hikes, you still get amazing, sweeping views of the area - the fact that you are higher up helps that. Being "closer to the water" is really not a huge factor.

Out of the 30 trails in the area, only 3 are still closed at this exact moment in time. The list is here: parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp

Also, check www.rebuildmonterosso.com for details about the many alternate and free paths that can be taken in the area. There are also links to information on train schedules and ferry schedules, as well as the parco nazionale bus service.

3. Re: Cinque Terre Trails as of May 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:16