We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

Which Vernazza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

We have booked rooms at a desk in or very near the local train station in many countries in Europe. I very specifically remember some very good luck. Would this be feasible in Vernazza?

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

Not until October or so when crowds thin out. Years ago you could book rooms through places found at the tourist info here in Monterosso, but now things fill up so quickly booking in advance in essential.

South Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

Your advice is good to know. I am taking steps to secure advance booking immediately

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

Hi highmeadowhiker, I think Vernazza of all the villages is the most crowded so advance booking there is essential. I don't stay there anymore just for that reason. I stay in Riomaggiore and you can find a room there at the station, but not in June, July or August probably.

South Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

I booked a room through the "Pathshop" souvenir shop. I took notes on the pros and cons of the room. We just arrived home, in Lake Tahoe, CA. I will describe my experience, after I regain equilibrium.

South Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

BTW, the Sentiero Azzuro was closed between the Cinque Terre, except for the portion Monterosso-Vernazza. The trails high up, away from the coast, may have been open, but we did not feel up to the much greater distance and elevation gain and loss. We visited all towns by train.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 16:35
6. Re: Booking a room at the train statino in Vernazza???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:15