We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Our plane arrives at around 11 am how do we get to vernazza? Any help appreciated

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Genoa to Vernazza trains www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times

www.incinqueterre.com

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Get the Volabus from the airport to either Principe or Brignole stations first. I usually get off at Principe as the bus stops here first.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

On the Trenitalia website the stations are Genova Piazza Principe and Genova Brignole.

While Principe can be slightly faster, and is certainly advised if you're taking a taxi from the airport, Brignole has the advantage of being at the end of the Volabus line, and a few trains to Cinque Terre stations start there so do not call at Principe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Thankyou everyone for your input. I am having trouble with the railway link as it is telling me that it is not an appropriate station to leave from ? Anyway could just be me.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Click on the UK flag for current train times Enter departure station Genova Brignole and Vernazza as arrival station.

Travelling on regional trains, before boarding validate your train ticket in the Validation box.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Okay I think the problem was it was too far in advance put in next week and got the travel times. Hopefully it remains the same for August.. So looking forward to Cinque Terre looks so utterly beautiful. Thanks again.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

Deleted

Edited: 12 May 2014, 09:01
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

<Too far in advance>

Train times to Vernazza are currently online until June 14. August times will be online by that date, and should be similar.

9. Re: Transport genoa to vernazza 18th September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16