We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Station to Hotel

los angeles
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Central Station to Hotel

Hi,

I just had a general question about getting to/from Principe station to our hotel. The concierge at the hotel said it's about a 10 minute walk. My concern is our departure. We have to catch either the 6am bus or 644 train to Milan.

I hope I don't offend anyone- But I keep reading from books/online warning us not to be on the streets after dark for safety reasons. Will we be okay just walking to the train station around 5-530 am? I know every city in the world has its cautions, which I totally understand. So I just want to double check if we can just walk there or are we better off taking a taxi. Thanks!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Station to Hotel

You should be fine. The city is very quiet at time of day. If the hotel is indeed 10 minutes from Principe on foot, you might wish to get your tickets the day before and leave well later than 5! Which hotel is that?

los angeles
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Station to Hotel

thank you!

we will be at the Best Western City Hotel. sounds good then if we can just walk to/from principe.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Station to Hotel

The City is not THAT close to Principe station -- I would say at least 15-20 minutes, more if you have to schlepp heavy luggage. A cab would be more appropriate, I suppose, and shouldn't be outlandishly expensive.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,223 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Station to Hotel

There are also buses from the Piazza del Portello quite close to your hotel, and these buses become reasonably frequent after 5.14. It's a very short journey: www.orariotrasporti.regione.liguria.it/

los angeles
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Station to Hotel

thank you both!

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Station to Hotel

If you are not locked into the Best Western, the hotel Bellevue is within sight of the train station. It is a very nice hotel with an excellent breakfast (which you will probably miss at 6 AM).

They where just finishing remodeling, last year so it must really be very nice now.

7. Re: Central Station to Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 11:20