We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

genoa port of call

Which Genoa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
marsascala
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
genoa port of call

hi, Genoa is a port of call on our cruise in june. can anyone please tell me if we can tour Genoa on our own. can we take a hop on hop off bus near cruise terminal, or maybe a shuttle bus to the town centre ? thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,917 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: genoa port of call

You can tour Genoa on your own, but there are no hoho buses and no buses at the cruise terminal. However there are lots of buses and a metro a short walk away, maybe ten minutes.

For tourist information see www.turismo.comune.genova.it/spip.php…

marsascala
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: genoa port of call

thanks for yr reply perilizia. because we have a short stay in genoa, we will probably walk around the town close to the cruise terminal. the site you suggested is very helpful. thanks.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
224 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: genoa port of call

Or you could jump a taxi to Piazza Ferrari and walk back through the old town alleys. A wonderful walk!

marsascala
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: genoa port of call

thanks maripottery. good advice

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
224 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: genoa port of call

No problem, Cett. Also, as you will be walking pretty parallel to the main street along the ports, you can just go down there and hail a taxi if you feel you are running out of time.

When in June are you going to be there? I will be there from 16 to 25, myself. - well - actually on 2nd honeymoon with hubby.

Marianne

marsascala
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: genoa port of call

hi marypottery thanks for the infor. we will be there on the 9th june. hope you have a wonderful 2nd honeymoon.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
224 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: genoa port of call

Sorry to miss you, Cett. But I am sure you will have a wonderful day in this gorgeous city! We have booked a nice hotel for over a week, so we have every chance of a lovely honeymoon. Thanks for the good wishes!

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
71 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: genoa port of call

Hi, one of the cruise porst we will visit is Genoa, should we walk into town, or take an excursion to Portofino of somewhere else ? We like palaces, shopping, and looking around.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,917 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: genoa port of call

If you like palaces and shopping, stay in Genoa. There are no palaces and very limited shopping in Portofino.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: genoa port of call

Unless you normally shop at Gucci, Hermes, Louis Vuitton Brioni etc of course