We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
University

Can anyone give me the whereabouts of the University?

I have looked at various maps and I cannot make it out.

We are taking our daughter out to the University in September where she starts a year's studying and we need to book a cheap B&B closeby in the initial stages.

Can anyone suggest a suitable B&B or give me the area I should be looking at?

Any other useful information for my student daughter would be much appreciated.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: University

Blaggers,

I'm not sure about Genoa, but I know in a few Italian cities the Uni isn't really in one place - the faculty buildings are quite spread out and it can be quite hard to work out where the 'central' bit is, if there is one! I know someone who studied there (a few years ago now, but still...), so I'll try and get hold of her and see what she says!

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: University

Viky is right... in Genoa there is not a "Campus" but there are various buildings in different part of the city.. What is your daughter studying?? In relation to her course of stuidies I can tell which part of the city is better for you to stay

Ciao

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: University

Dear both

Thanks for your responses.

My daughter will be studying Italian Language.

She has recently been told that the hostel accommodation is a bit way out and she is now wondering whether she should stay with us in B&B for first few days?

I appreciate the problem as many campus in this country are the same. Unfortunately the Genova Uni is a bit slow in forwarding information as to where she will be actually situated.

Hope this helps a little but will understand if you can't answer without knowing exactly where she is to be situated.

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: University

Dear both

Thanks for your responses.

My daughter will be studying Italian Language.

She has recently been told that the hostel accommodation is a bit way out and she is now wondering whether she should stay with us in B&B for first few days?

I appreciate the problem as many campus in this country are the same. Unfortunately the Genova Uni is a bit slow in forwarding information as to where she will be actually situated.

Hope this helps a little but will understand if you can't answer without knowing exactly where she is to be situated.

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: University

This is the official site of the university (in english) you will find many useful information includede locations etc..

http://en.unige.it/

If she is studying italian language she will have classes probably in via Balbi or othe buildings close to che old town.. so I suggest to look for a b&b in the city centre / old town..

I do not konw any of them so I do not have any reccomendation.. try to look here

www.bbplanet.it/st.asp?provincia=GENOVA

or elsewhere through the internet

Ciao

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: University

Just thought of a few more questions for you:

Can you confirm how much we would be expected to pay for a taxi from the airport to the old town or centre?

How big is the centre/old town - can we do it on foot?

What will the weather be like in first week of September and when does it start getting cold? (need this info. as not sure what to pack in daughter's limited luggage allowance).

Thanks for all your response to date, keep them coming!

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: University

1) Taxi fm Airport to centre costs about 25 € even if it's just few km.. there i s also a bus that costs about 3 €

2) You can easily walk around the old town

3) In September it's still warm.. you can go swimming in the Med maybe there are some showers.. take an umberlla and a light jacket for the evening.

Ciao

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: University

Its me again!

Having exhausted myself searching through various sites on internet for cheap accommodation in Genova centre preferably (close access to majority of university buildings), I would like any recommendations or ideas from anyone that knows.

We are trying to keep the cost down to approximately £250 for the four nights as only a provisional visit and hopefully will do it in style later!!!

Any links or recommendations please.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,339 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: University

Try www.bed-and-breakfast.it or www. hotelcolombo.it.

10. Re: University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Genoa