We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel in Italy

Which La Spezia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train travel in Italy

Hello friends!

I'm thinking of flying into Pisa, spend some hours there then catching a train to La Spezia. Staying there for 2 nights, then catching a train to Florence. Staying there overnight before heading down to Rome, also on train.

I've been trying to look up train fares but all I can find are Eurail passes which are for at least 3 countries and quite pricey.

Can anyone please help with useful websites where I can search for and possibly book the train travel? Or can I simply rock up to Pisa and buy train tickets there? How much am I looking at spending?

Also, any useful information on where to stay in La Spezia and Florence would be great too.

Thanks

Cheers

ozzie g

1. Re: Train travel in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2006, 11:54
2. Re: Train travel in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 14:17