We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terre - Hiking Times

Which La Spezia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terre - Hiking Times

My wife and I will be spending two nights in La Spezia in late August. Planning on catching first boat to Vernazza arriving 11:00am. Now I know that people can vary in their abilities to hike, so my wife and I are 36 and 37, reasonably fit. She teaches aerobics and I hit the gym daily. Neither of us are OCD about it, so we aren't runners or cyclists or anything like that but we would enjoy a good long sustained workout (ie sweating :-) Question: hiking south would put us in Corniglia next, but the boat does not pick up there. How long would the hike be from Vernazza to Manarola? Is it doable given the last boat pick up from Manarola that goes to La Spezia is at 5:30? If we cant make the last boat, the train would still run till late is that right?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terre - Hiking Times

For the path from Vernazza to Corniglia see this thread.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187817-i997-k65…

However you have a problem in regard to the low level Trail from Corniglia to Manarola this has been closed for over two years and there is unlikely to re-open this year. There is an alternative high level path which could be quite a challenge to you and in this posting is quoted as over 3 hours.

21. Re: Cinque Terre walking tracks.

05 May 2013, 3:34

I thought I read somewhere that trail 6 to 6d to 7a (Manarola to Corniglia) was a 3 Hr 15 min journey. Is that accurate?

There is only a limited ferry service fro La Spezia to the CT villages and you would be advised to use the trains in at least in one direction, which run until a very late hour to La Spezia.

I suggest with the limited time you have available to consider taking the ferry to Monterosso and walking the Trail from Monterosso to Vernazza and then the Trail from Vernazza to Corniglia. Getting the train back to La Spezia from Corniglia. That would probably be around 4 hours of walking.

Edited: 21 June 2013, 19:32
United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terre - Hiking Times

The park web site gives trail information including hiking times and levels of difficulty.

parks.it/parco.nazionale.cinque.terre/Eiti.p…

TAB

3. Re: Cinque Terre - Hiking Times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:16