We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Rapollo to Milan

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Rapollo to Milan

Upon arriving in Rapollo from Vernazza I will have 15 minutes to catch my train out of Rapollo to Milan. How large is the train station and will I have any difficulty locating the proper platform?

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,003 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Rapollo to Milan

At any train station, 15 minutes is more than enough to change trains. Train stations are much smaller than airports, and you don't have to wait for luggage or to check in.

I suspect (but am not certain) that the train to Milan will use the same platform as the one from Vernazza.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Rapollo to Milan

I would say so there are only really two platforms Iin Rapallo going North is platform 1 and South platform 2

Mentioned in this post
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Rapollo to Milan

I would say so there are only really two platforms Iin Rapallo going North is platform 1 and South platform 2 . Just wondering g which train you are connecting too as I would have thought that the Milan train would have been stopping in Chiavari the stop before which probably would give you a couple more minutes or if an intercity train possibly Ssstri Levante

Mentioned in this post
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,429 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Rapollo to Milan

When changing in Rapallo, your Intercity train arrives at exactly the same platform as the the Regional trains you have alighted from.

The Trenitalia website is programmed to give the cheapest tickets at the full Base price for the same journey time, which is why it gives a change in Rapallo not in Sestri Levante. At Base price, changing in Sestri Levante is more expensive than changing in Rapallo.

However, when buying reduced advance fares for the Intercity train, changing at Sestri Levante (or even better at Monterosso or Levanto if the Intercity train stops at these) is cheaper as well as giving a longer connection time.

Mentioned in this post
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
Sestri Levante
Sestri Levante
Italian Riviera, Italy
Levanto
Levanto
Italian Riviera, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Rapollo to Milan

It's not a big station at all. 15 minutes will be plenty. You may not even have to change platforms. There's only two.

6. Re: Train from Rapollo to Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16