We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

Which Santa Margherita Ligure hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

On Sept 21/14 I need to get to Rome from Santa Margherita. Already booked the accommodation in Rome at Via della Stazione di San Pietro and see train tracks very close to there on the map. How do I ensure I get on a train that brings me close to our accommodation? I'm guessing there are many train tracks all over Rome?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,967 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

None of the long-distance trains stop at San Pietro station. Trenitalia trains use Termini or sometimes Tiburtina. Italo uses Tiburtina or Ostiense.

From Termini, you could use suburban line FL5 to get to San Pietro, or from Ostiense either FL5 or FL3.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

Thanks for your speedy reply! I was going to book Santa Margherita to Rome (Termini) now online, but I'm assuming I can book from Termini to San Pietro when I arrive at the Termini station? This will be in the second half of September.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,967 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

From Termini to San Pietro, you need only an ordinary Rome metro/bus ticket.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

If you enter Santa Margherita LIgure to Roma S. Pietro (don't spell out the 'San') you will see the wide variety of change stations offered by www.trenitalia.com depending on your departure 'hour'. Depending which time you leave, it can be faster to change at Roma Ostiense, Civitavecchia or even Pisa than Roma Termini.

If you wish to reduce the number of changes to one, it can often be better to leave from Rapallo four miles from Santa Margherita.

5. Re: Santa Margherita to Rome by Vatican City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Margherita Ligure