We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aller du nice à turin (italie)

MAROC
1 post
Save Topic
Aller du nice à turin (italie)

Bonjour ;

je cherche un moyen de transport de NICE à TURIN (train ;bus.autocar ) ;le 17-12-2011 aprés midi

merci d'avance

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,057 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

There is no bus.

You take a local French train from Nice to Ventimiglia, then an Italian train to Turin. For times of the Italian trains, see www.trenitalia.com

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html will show the train times from Turin to Nice, but it will not show the prices. Times for dates beyond December 10 are not yet online as the new timetable which starts then is not yet confirmed.

The cheapest routes require a change of train at either Ventimiglia or at Breil sur Roya. The trenitalia website will show the price of trains from Turin to Ventimiglia, but only for this week, as these trains are NA online more than seven days in advance. Ventimiglia to Nice costs €6.90. The cost via Breil sur Roya is not available online, but will be similar. Buy tickets in Turin - these trains have no reserved seats.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

I'm afraid it may be a bit more complicated than that! For one thing (you can also get times from France on trenitalia, incidentally - note that in the English version it translates Nice Ville as Nice Town), that route also involves changing in Genoa, but the real problem is that while there are trains from Nice-Ville for Ventimiglia at 22 and 46 minutes past each hour on a Saturday (e.g. 13:55, 14:26, 14:55,.. ) there seem to be very few connections to Genoa and Turin, and according to DB, going this way could require leaving Nice-Ville at 05:25!

As far as I can tell, the only way to get from Nice to Turin by train entirely on Sat 17/12 would be by TGV to Lyon St. Exupéry and then TGV to Turin: dep. Nice Ville, 11:27 arr. Lyon SE 15:47; dep. Lyon SE 16:35, arr. Torino Porta Susa 20:13

However, perhaps SNCF could provide better information, I don't know the line "Nice-Tende-Turin" mentioned on here www.provence-weekend.com/index.php…

Edited: 02 December 2011, 14:23
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

Ignore Gaminari's post 3. And on no account take any of the routes that he suggests.

The problem is simply that, as I said in post 2, trenitalia's timetables for dates after December 1o are not yet available online for the trains you need. There will be plenty of trains from Turin to Breil sur Roya and Ventimiglia which connect with French local trains to Nice.

And SNCF will not provide better information. It never provides correct information for Nice to Turin, as the SNCF websites' database is not loaded with the relevant Italian local services.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

Ah, I see I shouldn't have looked for 17/12, as trains aren't shown yet! Looking for tomorrow it is perfectly possible leaving at 12:30, arr. 17:16, with 2 changes, or at 12:53, 14:53, 15:23, 16:23...

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

Easy mistake to make, Gaminari.

I also made a mistake, and answered the original question as if for a journey from Turin to Nice instead of Nice to Turin. He should buy buy tickets at the booking office in Nice, asking for a train to Turin using the line via Cuneo so he is not sold tickets for a more expensive route. For journeys via Ventimiglia rather than via Breil sur Roya, it is also possible and sometimes faster to buy Nice to Ventimiglia from a ticket machine in Nice, and a ticket from Ventimiglia to Turin from a ticket machine at Ventimiglia (which allows the use of the French language).

Edited: 02 December 2011, 15:01
7. Re: Aller du nice à turin (italie)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:40
Get answers to your questions about Ventimiglia