We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foppolo for a Week End Skiing??

Dublin
Level Contributor
477 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Foppolo for a Week End Skiing??

Hi Folks

I am doing some research for a couple of friends of mine who want to go skiing for a week end. Have found Foppolo and as it is near to Bergamo it could be a very good option. Has anyone been and if so what it is like - my friends are beginners is this resort suitable for a couple of beginners

Thanks For you help

Regards

Sorchs

Barzago, Italy
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foppolo for a Week End Skiing??

Foppolo is a good location for beginners. There is a ski school and possibility to rent the equipent on location. It's a good pick if I correctly imagine you're traveling through Orio Al Serio Airport.

The downside is the road to Foppolo, very busy going back to Bergamo in the afternoon/night on Saturdays and Sundays (it might take you 4-5 hours from Foppolo to Orio al Serio).

There are buses to Foppolo leaving from the bus station in the center of Bergamo ("Stazione S.A.B."). Timetable is here: bergamotrasporti.it/upload/…B50d.pdf

If you are flying to Milano Linate instead, there are a few good alternatives, such as Madesimo, 3 hours north of Milano, or Pila 3 hours West, in Valle d'Aosta, or Airolo, Switzerland (this last one can be reached by train from Milano)

Surely, snow is not a problem this year, it's fantastic everywhere in the Alps!

Dublin
Level Contributor
477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foppolo for a Week End Skiing??

Aconitina

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Sorchs

3. Re: Foppolo for a Week End Skiing??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 03:16