We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

I will go for 12 days in Lomabardy and would like to visit Gardaland, Lugano and Lago di como. Any suggestion the best postion to hire an appartment?

Andrò per 12 giorni in Lomabardy e vorrei visitare Gardaland, Lugano e il Lago di Como. Ogni suggerimento il miglior postion di assumere un appartamento?

Thank you

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

Good morning Hansel and Gretel (Ingrid); I guess you would go only once to Gardaland, so i'll probably opt to stay nearer lake Como (Lecco side) and be able to make a trip to Bergamo, or stopping in Bergamo few hours on the way back from Gardaland (depending on how many day you have).

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

We planed to go 2 times to Gardaland since we will have 2 children with us 8 years. But still I prefered Lecco more than Bergamo as my home position. Is Lecco a tourist place because i can not find much to do in Lecco and it seems it have few returants? would it be difficult to drive?

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
498 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

Lecco is in beautiful position on the lake, but it is a modern and industrial town, not particularly attractive. It means you might find a good apartment for a good quality/price ratio, but also that tourist offer may be limited.

I'd choose basically Como or Bergamo; or, why not, Monza, which is in strategical position to reach both and other places.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

Bergamo is a much nicer town than Lecco because it has the beautiful Bergamo alta.

5. Re: Best place in Lombardy. Lecci or Bergamo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:17