We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergamo airport to Malpensa

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bergamo airport to Malpensa

Hi,

I would be arriving to Bergamo airport in the evening and need to be at Malpensa airport next morning at 8.30. was thinking of booking a hotel near bergamo airport and then travelling to Malpensa next morning. Cant seem to find any useful information from the airport websites. also would itactually make more sense to find a hotel for that nite near Bergamo or Malpensa?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

The problem is of course that there is no direct connection between the two airports (other than by cab of course), and you have to go through Milan's central station anyway. Airport websites have the bus schedules, so you may decide which is your best course of action. You might also choose to overnight in Milan after all.

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

Thanks. If I took a bus from Bergamo airport to Milan how long would it be and approx how much. and also from Milan centre to Malpensa?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

Hi,

I don't suppose you have already tried and tested this route ? We are trying to figure out the same thing for next week. Any tips ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

Hi,

I don't suppose you have already tried and tested this route ? We are trying to figure out the same thing for next week. Any tips ?

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

Anyone done this route yet ? We are due to arrive at Malpensa around 5.30pm and from what I can find out so far there are 3 busses per day from Malpensa to Bergamo - anyone know the times ?

We plan to stay in Milan on the Sunday to make it easier to get back to Malpensa, and it looks like we would be going from Bergamo into Milano Nord and then out again from Milano Nord to Malpensa in the morning. Is this right or am I getting things wrong and setting myself up for some panic.....?!

Also, if The Milano Nord thing is right, any advice on where to stay in Milan ? The Ticinese/Navigli doesn't look too far - would it be a good area for a one-nighter ?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

killie, I am not sure what you mean when you mention "Milano Nord".

In any event, there is NO direct connection between Bergamo (be it town or airport) and Malpensa airport. As I indicated in my earlier post, the easiest way to go from one to hte other airport is by bus, with a change at Milan's central train station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

We travelled from Bergamo airport on Terravision coaches which took about 45 mins to get to Milan central train station, from there we picked up one of several coaches which left every hour, it took one hour to get to Malpensa airport, leave plenty of time, the airport is very disorganised !

8. Re: Bergamo airport to Malpensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:15