We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

u.k
10 posts
Save Topic
how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

hya ,

im travelling next february to italy bergamo airport then hopfully want to get a taxi to our hotel in milan (im not too sure exaclty where wel be staying in milan yet as we have not booked the hotel yet ?!) this is my first time to this part of italy withought my family and just my b/f and myself and I was woundering if anyone could offer any advice ?? also..........

how easy is it to get a taxi from the airport and how much a taxi would cost roughly from begamo to milan ? - I have looked on the internet for prices of hired tranport and the cheepst was over 100 GBP :( !!

Also how long does it take roughly to get to Bergamo to Milan ?

Comments and advice would be extreeeeeeeemly appriciated thanks alot steph !!:)

Brussels BE...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

I don't know how much a taxi would cost, but I bet it would be very expensive.

This is the web site of Orio al Serio airoport in Bergamo: http://www.sacbo.it/

As you can see there are 3 companies which provide surface transport by bus. They leave in front of the airport and take you to Milan Central Station for few euros. I've just been there and if I'm not mistaken it's about 6 Euros.

From Milan Central Station you can take a taxi to go to your hotel.

By bus it takes 1 hour to go to Milan versus 45 minutes by car with normal traffic.

Let me know if you need more info. Some of the sites linked to the airport one don't have an English version.

u.k
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

thankkkks very much for that advice !!!

steph :)

italy
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

Hi, I am not sure what airlines you are flying on but Terravision Bus cost about 6.50 euro from Milan Airport to Milan Centrale Train Station. (one way) I arrived at 830 am traffic heavy on autostrada. It took about 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach Milan Centrale Train Station. There are also other buses to Milan and to Centrale Train Station. I have not used those.

If you take the bus to Bergamo Train Station and then you can take train to Milan. Cost of bus ticket is about 1.60 each way. 1C goes to Bergamo Train. (trip is about 20 minutes) Take door most left in airport. Sign for bus is outside on sidewalk. Bus 1A is found outside. There is a bus stand. I believe that exit from airport is near arrival doors.

Train times can be found in Goggle under trenitalia.

Taxis are expensive. I would definitely find accomodations near public transportation.

From Milan Centrale, there is a subway you can take to get around Milan. Very convenient. You will have to go down stairs to reach. Last time I became confused when leaving train station as I left by a different door. (I believe you take the main exit and then escaltor down stairs. ) Employees are very helpful in the Milan subway.

Hope this is helpful. I just did this about a week ago.

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

Unless you have to ... don't bother to stay in Milan. Bergamo is a much nicer centre ---and it is only an hour by train from Milan for a day trip. And, frankly, for a tourist one day in Milan is enough. Bergamo, on the other hand, has a wonderful upper town and funiculars --- and is within easy reach of Lake Como by train. The airport is only 4 miles from the centre of Bergamo and cost us 14 euros. There is also a bus which costs next to nothing. My guess is that a taxi to Milan will be a small fortune --- don't even think about it. There is, however, an occasional bus from Bergamo airport to Milan.

Rota, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

I will be going to arrive in Bergamo airport via ryanair too sometime in February. My teens are interested in shopping. Better in Milan or Bergamo area? Is there a hotel that is decent near the airport because I am meeting up with another family to rent a van the following day? Are there things to do by the airport? Walking distance to shopping and attractions?

Also anyone know anything about Riccone, Italy? Recommendations on decent lodging at a decent price?

Appreciate all the help I can get.

CVP

Brussels BE...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

Great shopping in Riccione and no problem for lodging in this period of the year. There are plenty of accomodation and prices shouldn't be too high.

You cane check this site for accomodation in Riccione:

http://www.riccione.net/

If you have some time I suggest you to go and visit "Bergamo alta" (the old town) it's certainly worth it and you just need half a day to get a good idea.

Brussels BE...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

Ooops, I just realized that many hotels in Ricione might be closed during winter time. You'd better check it out in the web site.

The Hague
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: how easy is it to get a taxi from bergamo airport / cost ???

HI I am also flying to Bergamo. Our hotel is in STezzano (4,5 km away from the airport) what will the costs of a taxi be?