We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Grand Prix

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Italian Grand Prix

We're travelling to the Italian Grand Prix next month, staying in Bergamo. Can anyone please tell me the best way of getting from Bergamo to Monza? We also have some time to spare and were thinking of visiting Lake Iseo and Brescia - any advice on how to get here from Bergamo, if they're worth a visit or if somewhere else would be better. We prefer the less touristy areas.

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian Grand Prix

Hi Dingle186364. The quickest way to reach Monza from Bergamo is by train. Here's the link for costs and timetable: www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

At the circuit website you can check how to reach the circuit from Monza railway station: monzanet.it/en/…20EN

There're free trains from Monza to Biassono on race day, but as far as I've understood, they're really, really crowded. Take into consideration the buses (Monza-Vedano al Lambro or Monza- Biassono line); if you've already decided where to go and see the race, I can tell you which gate is better (so you'll walk less...).

Never been to Iseo, but I heard that it's very nice, and not as touristy as Como or Garda.

Hope that Girella will be more helpful than me.

In the meantime, have a look at the forum here on TA: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g194783-i4943-Is… and the Iseo website, but unfortunately the english version is under costruction: http://www.navigazionelagoiseo.it/default.php

Should you have more questions about the race, I would suggest that you post them on the Monza forum, there's a Destination Expert there.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,028 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian Grand Prix

Hi!

Just come back from hols and hope to be in time to help.

Lake Iseo with its Mont'Isola island is certainly less touristy.

Have you read this thread?

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=816&geo=187830&scope=2&q=bergamo+lake+iseo&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

Brescia and Verona and of course Milan are nice towns easy to get to by train:

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

agenzialagoiseofranciacorta.it/welcome.htm

www.bresciatourism.it/portal/?newlang=eng

bresciainvetrina.it/bresciaturismo/brescia.h…

Bye :)

Sheffield, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian Grand Prix

Many thanks for your helpful reply - we're really looking forward to our visit.

Sheffield, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian Grand Prix

Grazie Girella - no, you're not too late - we go next Wednesday.

Many thanks for your reply.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian Grand Prix

Hi

Lago Iseo and Lago Endine are both worth a visit, particularly if you prefer less touristy places.

If you have good weather and like walking then suggest you go to Mont Isola - in Lago Iseo, its lovely and unspoilt. Also possible to hire bicycles.

6. Re: Italian Grand Prix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 07:33