We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

I and my wife are travelling to Italy for 3 weeks end of July. We are 30. We are starting our trip from Bergamo, a recommendation from a friend who lived there for few months. From Bergamo, we would like to go somewhere and stay there for 2 days. We want to make this place our base. During these 2 days we want to

1. Experience the scenic beauty of the "lakes and alps".

2. Want to do 3-4 hours of hiking. So, we would prefer nicely maintained trails.

Any recommendations for where to go? I don't want to go anywhere around Lake Como to avoid tourists and for cost reasons.

From reading the forums, I narrowed it down to Lovere on Lake Iseo (heard its the most picturesque village in Italy) or "some place" on Lake Maggiore. Which of the two (or anything else) would be a better recommendation for what I am trying to do?

Please help.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

Iseo lake is definitily less touristy than lake Maggiore.

There are few signposted walking tracks on the slops of Mt. Campione and Mt. Guglielmo, therefore Lovere, Pisogne and Artogne as well could be the ideal bases.

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

Iseo is certainly less touristy than Lake Maggiore - with this goes the fact there is a lot less to do there!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

Not for the points 1 and 2 mentioned by the travellers. Happy them, happy all.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

Hi!

You may find this link useful:

translate.google.com/translate…

And

turismo.bergamo.it/turismobergamo/index.php…

Very nice walks in Valle Scalve and Valle Imagna too.

Bye :)

5. Re: Lovere on Lake Iseo or somewhere on Lake Maggiore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:40