We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergamo to Bardolino

ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bergamo to Bardolino

Will be travelling from Bergamo to Bardolino by train on 5 September. I thought we had to get train to Peschiera del Garda with change at Brescia, then bus. However when I look at the train timetable there only seem to be a couple of early morning trains that mention Brescia the others all seem to stop at Treviglio and leave about 5 minutes to change train - yikes!

I am confused as no posting that I have seen mentions going via Treviglio.

Any clarification much appreciated

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,958 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

Hi!

There are three trains between 8.00 and 12.00 without a change in Treviglio but in the afternoon there's one nearly every hour.

www.trenitalia.it

Bye :)

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,958 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

Should you choose to change in Treveglio make sure your Bergamo train gets to Treviglio Centrale and not to Treviglio Ovest, otherwise you'll have to get a bus or walk to Treviglio Centrale.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

Alternatively you could take the shuttle bus from the airport to Brescia, then train to Peschiera del Garda

autostradale.it/pdf/festivitaaereoporti/orar…

ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

Thank you all so much for your help. We will be staying in Bergamo for a couple of days would you recommend returning to airport to get the bus to Brescia or getting the train from Bergamo?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

If you are staying in Bergamo first could you not just time your journey so that you get one of the trains that actually change at Brescia.

ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

Yes that is what we had been thinking of doing it was just when the bus was mentioned that i thought there was some special reason for this? Also I realise now that if i put Bergamo to Brescia and then Brescia to Persch Del Garda into train timetable search I get a much better and clearer selection than just entering Bergamo to Persch Del Garda. So thanks again for all your help.

just on the off chance we are heading to Venice after Bardolino train or bus and where would be the best departure point?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

To get to Venice from Bardolino you would need to take the bus or a taxi back to Peschiera del Garda then the train.

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/162.pdf

ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

Thank you again for your help. final final question I take it we can buy tickets on the day of travel or is it better to buy in advance.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

You can buy the train tickets on the day. Bus tickets can be bought at the station in Peschiera del Garda.

ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bergamo to Bardolino

thanks again for all your advice