We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new year in bergamo

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valletta, Malta
5 posts
Save Topic
new year in bergamo

I am coming to bergamo after the 27th december for a week with husband and 13 year old son. Will there be new year eve festivities in outdoor places? Any good restaurants to eat for new year eve? Thank you

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new year in bergamo

Hi Jody!

Yes there's usually an outdoor party in Piazzale degli Alpini.

There are many nice restaurants - take a look at TA reviews and other posta ( put the word restaurants in the search box) - but make sure you book.

Bye :)

Valletta, Malta
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: new year in bergamo

Thank you!!

We shall be staying at Best western capello d'oro, this hotel is central with many restaurants nearby. I had a look on TA reviews and googled some of them. Do we need to book now or maybe when we get there? I did not find any New year's eve menus yet, maybe it's still early.

We would like to go to Milan for a day by train. How long is the journey? Are there more direct link (that we don't need to change from one train to another) from bergamo?

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new year in bergamo

Yes, it's rather early, however IMO you had better book before - not later than mid December.

You can take a direct train to Milan. If you choose one that goes up to Milano Centrale all you have to do is get outside, go down to the underground station, take the red line, direction San Donato and get off at the fourth station: Duomo ( Cathedral ) you can buy the metro ticket at the newsagent down the stairs.

If you get off at Milano Lambrate you'll have to change two metro lines.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new year in bergamo

I forgot to say it takes an hour to get to Milan.

For the train:

www.trenitalia.it

Then choose the English page.

Here's the Milan metro map:

atm.it/en/…SchemaReteMetro.aspx

Milan
Level Contributor
529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: new year in bergamo

From Milano Stazione Centrale to Duomo you need the Yellow line.

Nibbius

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new year in bergamo

Thanks nibbius!

Don't know why I wrote red :(

It's the fourth stop on the YELLOW line, direction San Donato.

Castione della...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: new year in bergamo

Hello Jody,

Milan during Christmas holiday is surely fantastic, but what about some skiing? There are smart ski resort, Presolana and Monte Pora, just 40 km far from Bergamo. Can recommend small family running hotel just in front of the ski slopes, airport transfer, ski pass, ski hire and ski lessons guarantee. Have a nice stay in Bergamo, Danka & Max

8. Re: new year in bergamo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:20