We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

We will be arriving at Bergamo airport in a few weeks and wish to buy two of the 7 day IVOL tickets for €41.10 each.

Please can anyone tell me:

1. Can the tickets be bought at the airport?

I know I can get them in Bergamo at the SAB offices or the train station but wondered if they could be obtained at the airport tourist information desk or automated ticket machines.

2. Are the tickets valid for the #1 bus from the Airport into Bergamo?

I know the tickets are not valid for the airport to Milan shuttle buses. I also know the tickets are not valid for the Malpensa train to Malpensa airport but cannot find any exclusions relating to Bergamo urban buses.

3. If I manage to get the IVOL tickets at the airport then do I need to buy a €2.10 ticket for a large suitcase when using the #1 bus into Bergamo?

This would be the case if I were buying €2.10 timed tickets but is included when purchasing ATB 24 of 72 hour tickets. I cannot find any info regarding the situation with the IVOL ticket.

Thanks

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,079 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

IVOL tickets are for sure sold at train stations, but if ATB tickets are sold at the airport (they should) you should be able to buy them there. ATB buses are definitely included, but I don't know luggage rules in force there-

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

ATB tickets are sold in the airport but I don't know if you'll find IVOL tickets too.

www.atb.bergamo.it/eng/Default.aspx…

I think N. 1 bus is included.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 21:50
Leeds
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

I've had a reply from ATB who tell me:

1. The IVOL tickets cannot be bought at the airport.

2. IVOL tickets are valid on the #1 bus to/from the airport.

3. The IVOL ticket does not include luggage so a timed ticket is needed for a large suitcase.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

Thanks for your useful feedback, Clive!

Enjoy your stay :)

Leeds
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

Just back and the IVOL tickets were excellent value. I can confirm they were not available at the airport. I tried to buy them at the SAB offices at the bus station but they were pretty clueless and suggested I got them at the train station which I proceeded to do.

We used them on train, tram, Milan underground, local ITB buses, long distance SAB buses, cable cars at Albino and Lecco, funiculars and the ferries on Lake Iseo (ferries on lake Como are not included).

The only time validity was questioned was on the cable cars when the man had to make a call to confirm it was OK.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

Great feedback Clive!

Thanks!

7. Re: Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:15