We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at Bergamo Airport

Burton on Trent
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire at Bergamo Airport

Let me just share our recent experience of hire car from Bergamo Airport in the case that i might help anyone else with their trip. Clearly at the time we went ( June 2014) there was still development work going on, so things may change in the future. But right now, the situation we found was:

a) the signs to car hire from the departure area after customs are WRONG. They point you outside - but the car hire desks are actually inside the terminal ( turn right after leaving departures).

b) there is a bus to the car hire area that is shared by all the car hire firms. It waits to fill up at the remote parking area - so may not be that frequent ( we waited 20 minutes). Don't leave it too tight when coming back !

c) the biggest problem is that the car hire return area is not signed from the airport approach road. There was a sign near the terminal - but it was wrong. In fact the area is well before the terminal, a turning almost immediately to the left once you get onto the airport approach road. My advice is take a good look round when picking up the hire car - it will help bringing it back. It I had been really organised, I would have got my sat nav to have stored the starting position before we left.

It may be a temporary arrangement - so everything might be fine when you get there. But if not, I hope I've helped just a little. Have a good trip!

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,846 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire at Bergamo Airport

Thanks! Very useful.

Let's hope airport company reads your post too....maybe they'll put things right ;)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire at Bergamo Airport

Thanks for sharing this info, it will be a great help for others returning the car.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,030 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire at Bergamo Airport

There have never been any signs indicating how to get to the car hire returns area, we often used to end up at the airport and had to turn round! The left turn is just under the bridge before you get to the airport. We only ever used the bus once, absolutely chaotic, since then we have always walked, only takes about 10 minutes and more often than not we arrived before the bus.

4. Re: Car Hire at Bergamo Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16