We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Garda

Oak Park Heights...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Garda

We're planning the following trip to northern italy and are debating a night in lake Garda on our way from merano to Verona. We just wanted to see if you think a day there is worthwhile and if not, whether you think an extra night in either merano or Verona would be better.

3 nights in venice

3 nights is merano

3 nights in Verona

1 night in milan

Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
CA
Level Contributor
10,164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Garda

Save a hotel change. Lake Garda close to Verona.

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Garda

Hi, what time of year will you be travelling? I always think Lake Garda is worth visiting and, as the previous post suggested, you can go to Lake Garda as a day trip from Verona but, given your itinerary, it's hard to see how you would fit it in. Three nights is just two full days, and there is a lot to see and do in Verona without making a side trip.

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Oak Park Heights...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Garda

Thanks so much for the advice. We will be traveling in early October.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Garda

You can take the train from Verona to Peschiera del Garda or Desenzano in under 20 minutes. Trains run very regularly and you can take a water bus throughout the lake from either destination. Just walk towards the lake from the railway station. Not sure about the frequency of water buses in October but I'm guessing it would not be a problem. I would suggest staying an extra night in Verona (which is lovely with lots to do) and maybe take an early morning train to the lake for lunch on one of the days. My favourite towns on the lake are Saló and Sirmione. The train timetable is on: www.trenitalia.com

Nice itinerary!

Maria

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Peschiera del Garda
Peschiera del Garda
Sirmione
Sirmione
Province of Brescia, Italy
5. Re: Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:18