We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic car hire in Como?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Classic car hire in Como?

Off to Como in early April and the other half fancies flitting around in a classic Ferrari (I have warned him about the narrow roads!) Does anyone know of any car hire companies in the area (Como/Milan) that may have classic cars?

Thanks

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

I have never heard of one but that does not mean much. In the UK there are companies which hire our classic cars including Ferraris but the rates are very high. Classic Ferraris do not come cheap to buy!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

I did find one that quoted over a thousand euros for one week's hire - it seems like a huge waste of money to me, but he's determined to get one!

UK
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

Have you seen these web sites:

http://www.maranelloservice.it/eng/index.php

http://www.rentadreamcar.it/en/prenota.shtml

Alternatively contact the Ferrari Owners Club of Great Britain and they should be able to give you more info on Milan car hire companies:

www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/about/index.asp

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

That's great - many thanks!

uk
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

Hi,

Did you manage to hire a classic Ferrari (or any Ferrari infact) for reasonable (or as reasonable as you could get) price?

I'm planning our honeymoon to Italy, and I'd love to hire a proper Italian car to live the dream for a week. From the websites I've looked at they all seem to be really expensive. We are prepared to splash out a bit with it being our honeymoon, but I'm told I still have to be realistic.

At the moment, I'm thinking about compromising and hiring a classic Alfa Romeo.

Incedentally, we're looking at stay more over towards Lake Garda rather than near Lake Como.

Does anyone know of any classic car hire companies in the area who have either Ferrari's or Alfa's. We're not going until 2010, but I'm trying to plan ahead.

Thanks.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

Hi

No we didn't get a ferrari - we ended up with a Toyota Yarris!!

I did get some quotes from the links above but they were way out of our price range. I've booked a new Fiat 500 for our next trip.

I hope you have a lovely honeymoon!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

Have answered on your other thread.

Look at www.sprintage.it

Warwick
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

In addition to Sprintage I know of a few other companies in Italy hiring out classic cars. Have a look at the Italy page of Classic Car Hire World www.classiccarhireworld.com/contentok.php…

9. Re: Classic car hire in Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 05:39