We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Como, Menaggio or Bellagio

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Como, Menaggio or Bellagio

I have a dilemma! Help! My friend and I are going to Lake Como on July 16th for almost a week. We were planning to stay in Como at the Best Western or the Hotel Funicolare. But, having looked into Bellagio & Menaggio more I'm wondering whether we should stay in one of them. But which one? We woon't have a car so will be getting around on buses & ferries. I like the look of the Hotel Garni Corona in Menaggio & have seen the Hotel Giardinetto in a guide book (we have a limited budget!) Can anyone advise on any of this? Thanks.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,577 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Como, Menaggio or Bellagio

Como is by far the largest town on L. Como and is well connected to Milan by train (about 55 - 60 minutes).

Ferries are an excellent way of getting around a beautiful lake and for gettinga cross essential as it is a long way round the northern or southern end. Check on www.navigazionelaghi.it for details of ferry routes and timings.

Bellagio has possibly rather more going on than Menaggio. The gardens of both the Villa Sebelloni and the Villa Melzi are worth a visit.

Menaggio is a good centre if you want to take a bus over the short distance to Lake Lugano to the west.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Como, Menaggio or Bellagio

Did you stay at Hotel Giardinetto after all? I am curious about this hotel, as I'm on a limited budget, and read a decent review in Frommer's. I'm wondering how clean the place is, good location, etc etc. Appreciate any advice! Thanks!