We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport to/from Lake Como

Jonny1407
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public Transport to/from Lake Como

I know that from Bergamo (looking at a different thread) you have to get a bus to Milan and then the train to San Giovani, but is there a direct service from Malpensa to Como Town? Does anyone know what is quickest by public transport?

Also, is there a direct service (train or bus) from Como Town to Monza?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

1. As discussed about a million times, there no longer is a direct service linking Malpensa and Como. Go by train changing at Saronno -- www.lenord.it

2. There is a direct service between Como and Monza, and that is the main Trenitalia line between Como (San Giovanni station) and Milan -- www.trenitalia.com

Jonny1407
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

Thanks alot.

Apologies - not very good at searching for answers so only found info on Bergamo. Maybe this info should be a sticky? (does this forum have sticky threads)?

Thanks again!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

From Malpensa to the town of Como, you can use the commuter line Le Nord, changing trains at Saronno.

From Como to Monza, you take Trenitalia from Como S. Giovanni.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

No Jonny, no sticky threads here. But the 'search' function is excellent, as generally are the 'TripAdvisor Inside' pages (when available for the destination you require).

Jonny1407
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

Ah ok, grande FF. grazie :)

I'm basically planning a trip for the Grand Prix weekend and trying to decide the best way to go about things, as I decided to stay in Lake Como instead of Monza (looks nicer and is also alot cheaper that weekend).

So planning where to go from is tricky. I think Malpensa seems the fastest option and we're staying next to the Como Nord station, which is handy.

Can you walk easily between Nord and GV stations? When I tried on the website to leave from Nord to Monza it said 1h 21m, whereas from GV it was only 41mins!

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

Assuming "GV" refers to Como San Giovanni, yes, it's a quite walkable (provided you're not hauling a lot of baggage) one kilometer from Como Nord Lago to Como S.G. The two stations are on two separate train lines and therefore serve different routes.

7. Re: Public Transport to/from Lake Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 06:38