We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

Boston...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

I know that there's a small boat going from Lenno to Villa Balbianello. Google puts the address as Via Comoedia 1, is that correct?

I will be stressed for time so I need to get to the Villa by 10am but cannot find out anything about the mystery boat and it's schedule.

Can anyone help with details or a company name or phone?

Just don't want to miss the boat, whenever it is.

Thanks in advance

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

There are private boats offering that service, but although the approach from the lakeside is certainly scenic, you can easily walk from Lenno to Balbianello in about 20 minutes or so. The walk is not flat, but it is well signposted.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

I think you can access the villa and gardens on foot only on Tuesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays, other times you can only reach there by boat. I don't know if it's open to the public seven days a week, either.

To be on the safe side, it might be a good idea to check with the tourist board.

The setting is absolutely beautiful and it's well worth a visit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

Thank you both, we'll do a stop over to see the Villa on the way to Como and back to Milano. We'll have the bags so I want to avoid walking.

fondoambiente.it says it's eu 6 round trip from Lido di Lenno but no info about the company and schedule. I guess, I should hire a water taxi but the suttle would be cheaper.

Do you have a number or email of the Lenno tourist office?

Thanks!

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
536 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

The boat service is a small shuttle that leaves directly from the Lenno docks near where the ferry arrives. There is no official schedule, it just runs back and forth upon demand. All villa info as well as links to the Lenno town Web site can be found on the FAI site: fondoambiente.it/en/beni/villa-del-balbianel…

I'm a little concerned that it sounds like you're wanting to stop by with all your luggage on the way to Milan ... so I'm not sure where you're planning to put everything or how long you're planning on staying there. At some point, there is going to be some uphill walking, even if you take the boat shuttle to the entrance, so you may want to rethink the plan. You could always just cruise past on one of the boats and enjoy it from the water if you're that pressed for time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

Thank you Kat,

Luggage is a big concern. as I understand, after 9/11 most places don't take bags and most lockers have been closed.

We'll have to pack light! A full backpack is not fun but better then a suitcase.

6. Re: Mystery boat from Lido di Lenno to Villa Balbianello, info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 05:18