We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now packing - what's the weather like now please?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Now packing - what's the weather like now please?

Hi we are arriving at Lake Como in a couple of weeks and starting to work out what clothes to take. Looking at the weather sites it looks pretty cool.

Can anyone advise whether thick jackets are necessary? I was taking a splash jacket and a fleece but wondering whether that will be warm enough even with layers. If it's not raining we are planning to take the Bernina Express to St Moritz for a day trip and again that's looking pretty cold.

Thanks for any opinions - hopefully from women like me that feel the cold.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now packing - what's the weather like now please?

The weather has been very mild up until now and we've had little rain all winter, however the forecast says that from tomorrow rain is expected so that will cool things down. You will probably need to dress in layers and a jacket will be needed for the evenings.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now packing - what's the weather like now please?

Thanks Chrella. I've checked out a recent webcam and it looks pretty foggy and chilly. As we are heading south after a 5 night stay in Bellagio I don't really want to lug a heavy jacket around so hopefully my thin one with a fleece will be OK.

Can I also ask in terms of dress codes would jeans and a nice top suffice for going out for dinner at night, or is Bellagio a little more upmarket?

3. Re: Now packing - what's the weather like now please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 19:19