We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

july weather lake como????

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
july weather lake como????

hi everyone, ok so i guess i am just looking to clear up some concerns here. i am hoping to get married in july 2012 in varenna or bellagio. can somebody tell me when people say it rains during july is it rain all day like ireland and uk or is it just a quick shower where the sun comes out again. i am dying to get married at lake como but if it rains i know i ill be so upset as it would have been the same as having it at home. if anybody ahs gotten married around the 7-10 of july at lake como can you tell me how the weather was. or if anybody has been on hilidayat this time. sorry for such a long post but getting really worried about this.

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: july weather lake como????

Normally July is a nice month as we are in the middle of the summer.

It is not a raining month.

To organize your wedding you can consider in Bellagio the new reopening LIDO http://www.lidodibellagio.com/index_eng.html

Brezza

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: july weather lake como????

Thanks I'l check it out . I am visiting soon to see villa cipressi and serblionni and also the church in varenna . Trying to organise it myself without a planner so fingers crossed . A manager at a different hotel at lake como said that this July 2011 ye had 15 days bad weather and 15 good . Is there any truth in that ? Also do u have any other recommendations for a wedding around that area .

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: july weather lake como????

It was terrible this year but not every year's the same.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,862 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: july weather lake como????

One of my visits was in July, and never known rain like it, and the most terrifying Thunder Storms,

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: july weather lake como????

I've been lucky in July many times, but there's never any guarantees....

Vagabonda

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: july weather lake como????

oh no this is not reasuuring at all. does it rain for hours or just a few minutes. now i am panicked...

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: july weather lake como????

Weather patterns appear to be changing, so there’s no predicting…

www.weathergods.info/italy.php?Lake%20Como

weather2travel.com/whentotravel/…

Vagabonda

Edited: 13 December 2011, 12:53
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: july weather lake como????

I would be more worried about enervating heat and humidity than rain...

so.cal
Level Contributor
64 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: july weather lake como????

I have been to Lake Como in June and July and all the times we've been it has rained at some point. Most of the rain comes in the form of an evening rain shower that last about 20 minutes and then clears up. They can accompany thunder and lightening as well but I would not worry too much about it. It could rain anywhere you go for an outdoor wedding. Just have an alternate choice if it looks like rain on your special day. Enjoy, it's simply GORGEOUS there and the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is a wonderful place for a wedding!

10. Re: july weather lake como????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2013, 10:16