We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
42 reviews
What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

<<Apologies if I have doubled up with this posting but I had no response when I tacked it on to the end of someone else's post>>

We will be coming from Verona to Bellagio (mid June). Doing a dummy booking on Trenitalia it seems there are trains that go from Verona to Varenna (with a change in Milan Central). The train gets into Varenna at either 11.23AM or 1.23 PM. How frequently do the ferries from Varenna to Bellagio go? I am finding it difficult to interpret the ferry timetable, and the latest one goes only as far as March 2012. Just an indication of frequency of the ferries would be helpful, at this stage.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,226 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

The .pdf timetable looks self-explanatory: www.navlaghi.it/c_download/NLC_Traghetto.pdf

Summer timetables will be uploaded in due course, and departures should be more frequent (although according to the local press, public transport cuts could affect also this service, so I wouldn't rule out at this stage that services remain more or less as they are now).

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,577 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

You can also get a bus from Lecco to Bellagio

e.g.

lineelecco.it/images/…leccobellagio.pdf

You can also get a bus from Como to Bellagio

www.sptlinea.it/LinkClick.aspx…

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,617 posts
154 reviews
3. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

It has been a while, but we were in Varenna in October, a few years ago. We used the ferries several times. In mid-day I recall that the ferries were pretty regular, I think perhaps hourly or so.

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
4. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

Ferries run each day from early morning till late evening, about each 30 minutes.

It takes about 10 minutes to cross the lake.

When you'll be in Varenna, you need reach the fery dock (10 minutes by foot) and take the first course to Bellagio

Brezza

Australia
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

Thank you all for these comments. As we have to change trains in Milan anyway, (as we are coming from Verona) would it be more time-effective to get a train to Como and then take the hydrofoil? I appreciate the answers, thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

Also, thank you for the link to the timetable - I was looking at another document which was very hard to understand. The link FF sent is much easier to work from.

7. Re: What is the frequency of ferries betw Varenna and Bellagio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:33