We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

My husband and I are making a trip to Italy next month and are trying to fit in Lake Como. We are looking for suggestions on where to stay in the Lake Como area... Town name not hotel name. Thanks :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,087 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Where to stay

Claudio, thank you so much for your contribution. we are also just beginning our research into the Lake Como area and your post certainly clarified things for us!

I'll be back with more specific questions.

thanks again, claudio and to everyone for type helpful contributions.

(hi Lynn! Once again you have preceded us! Lol)

UK
Level Contributor
488 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Where to stay

Claudio, now that I'm back from Lake Como, I would just like to point out that I disagree with your review of Como. It's slightly inaccurate in that we found it to be a very romantic city. At night, it was lovely and taking the boat back to Cernobbio was magical.

I think perhaps your description does not do the place justice. The cathedral is certainly one of the most impressive I have seen in Europe.

I would urge travellers to visit Como and not to dismiss it.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Where to stay

Thanks so much Claudio. I'm just starting to research this area and your help is invaluable.

West Redding...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Where to stay

Could you provide me with the name of the apartment you mention in the old nuns quarter. Thank you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Where to stay

www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p72885

I didn't book through this website as it wasn't listed in Australia then and I got it through a UK booking website, however this does have more photos on this one and I see the owner are still the same couple which you would deal with vial email. Nice people as well.

A very handy apartment, but one bedroom walk thru to the other.

Enjoy the lake

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Where to stay

Meant to add there are other websites if you google Apartment Ivana Menaggio ...

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Where to stay

Complimenti, Claudio,

I am unfamiliar with the Lakes region and you have provided such a wonderful service to many travelers. I've thought of visiting and wondered about a smaller less-visited village there. Your time, knowledge and effort are very appreciated.

Grazie mille.

Lana

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Where to stay

I'm so glad you appreciated it!

Claremont, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Where to stay

Several years ago we stayed at a delightful B&B in Argegno...at Paul Wright's B&B! (I found them on Trip Advisor...actually I enjoyed our trip so much I did a review for them! adding my positive review to a multitude of other happy visitors) Paul and wife Niki (Expatriate Brits) were very helpful and enjoyable. The room had a view of the Swiss Alps. Glorious Sunsets and view of the lake... The town is quiet and away from the maddening crowd. However Bellagio is the opposite...full of tourists and beautiful gardens..but in the hub the tourists...I would visit for a few hours...but stay somewhere a bit quieter... Argengo gave us what we were looking for...a place away from the tourists... We had several delicious seafood dinners...fun taking the boat into the city of Como, and getting off and on visiting the towns up and.You are g down oing to love your trip! Enjoy!

Auburn, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Where to stay

Thanks so much for all the wonderful tips and suggestions, we are travelling there in Sept 2013 very excited. Have booked Borgo le terrazzo in Bellagio, any comments ?