We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q for Lake Como Hikers: San Martino church above Griante

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Q for Lake Como Hikers: San Martino church above Griante

Hello

I gotta start thinking about packing this weekend. I'm trying really hard to have one medium sized checked bag along with my regular tiny carryon and camera bag - and that's it.

The one thing I'd really like to do on this visit to Lake Como is see that little church high above Griante. We have admired it on every trip. Here are my photos of it:

flickr.com/photos/…

The issue: my hiking shoes would take up a LOT of real estate in my checked bag. Way way way too much for their single usage. Sneakers would be much the same although more squishable. I really don't want to take them unless I need to. Ditto for my Mom.

So, where the Q for the Lake Como hikers comes in: are we asking for trouble if we do this walk in a slip-on light shoe such as Clark Privos?

My guidebook rates this hike as easy - it looks steep but apparently the walk itself isn't too bad and it's a round trip of 3 miles - an hour up and 45 minutes back.

Many thanks.

1. Re: Q for Lake Como Hikers: San Martino church above Griante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:17