We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

Hello.

I am flying to Milan and arrive in Malpensa @ 9.15pm. Does anyone know how I could get to Cernobbio at that hour aside from taking a cab or hiring a car?

ie is there any form of public transport that runs that late in the evening?

Even if I can't get to Cernobbio via public transport, I'd happily get somewhere close by - well, a bit closer than Milan and get a cab from there if needs be.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,081 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

The Trenitalia web site shows it is possible to take a train from Malpensa towards Milan Cadorna at 23.56. Get off at Saronno and change to a railway-operated bus that arrives at Como at 01.20. However, I wish you luck at finding a taxi, or even an open hotel, in Como at that time.

My choice would be to stay at an airport hotel, and travel onwards the next morning.

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

Get a taxi or hire a car....your only options really

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

Hire a car from the airport.

Last year i went to Italy most of the people (taxi drivers especially) do not speak english i don't know why.

And If you hire a car you can do shore excursion to another areas, to fabulous Monza for example.

The trip is fantastic!!! I hire a car and i really enjoy it!

Enjoy your stay to this fantastic place :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,081 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

>>most of the people (taxi drivers especially) do not speak english i don't know why.<<

Probably because they are Italian and speak Italian. How many Sydney taxi drivers would speak the language of a visiting European tourist?

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

Thank you all, I think I'll just hire a car!

6. Re: How can I get to Como (Cernobbio) frm Malpensa late at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:16