We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2018, 09:00
Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
1. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

I just came back from a business trip to Como, and on my day off (thanks to a national public holiday) I arranged a Rock Climbing trip with Alberto Trombetta. I gave him a basic brief on what I would like to do, my climbing ability and what I would like to see and with this information he selected a beautiful classic multi-pitch climb in Val de Mello (which by the way is a stunning location). This route had everything, from crack, chimney, edging and slab climbing to stunning views, some nice belay points to rest and a river in the bottom for a swim and a cool off at the end.

I would recommend Alberto Trombetta to anyone visiting the Como area not just because of his experience and technical expertise, but also you get a tour guide as he'll inform you of interesting places, history, facts about the area, what is the local delicacies and included me in conversation whenever he met locals.

All in all if you looking for hiking, walking, climbing, via ferrata, canyoning, scambling or any other outdoor activity in the Como area I would highly recommend Alberto Trombetta for both this technical ability and his guiding expertise.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
2. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

My husband and I just returned from Lake Como and our hike with Alberto Trombetta was absolutely awesome! Alberto really knows how to guide, he's knowledgeable, very responsible, funny, personable, friendly, observant and just a great guy. I think our hike to the "summit" was the highlight of our two weeks in Italy. We had a fantastic, much needed :) lunch after our 5.5 hour hike. The scenery was beyond description. Alberto was looking out for us 100% of the time. I am hoping that we can go back in the Fall when leaves are turning there, it would be an awesome hike!

If you are looking for an exceptional Guide in the Lake Como area, Alberto is most definitely the one to contact.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
3. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

My husband and I went to a wedding at Lake Como in September and spent 1.5 days climbing at Mennagio and Val De Mello.

Our climbing guide, Alberto Trombetta, was friendly, knowledgeable, practical, and experienced. He talked to us, found out our levels of skills and provided a challenging and memorable experience doing slab climbing and multi pitch climbing at the stunningly beautiful Val Del Mello.

We look forward to returning to Val De Mello and recommend Alberto Trombetto to any climbers looking for a guide in the Lake Como region.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

How can I contact him?

Please send me his details. Thanks

global
1 post
5. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

Would love his details thanks. I have a large family group of 30 I think 20 would love to do this. We are in Moltraisio on lago Como at the moment.

6. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:35
Wiltshire, England
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
7. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

I would like to recommend Alberto for rock climbing and canyoning. He is a fantastic coach and managed to persuade a member of my family who is terrified of heights to try rock climbing as well as throw himself off rocks into pools during canyoning. Amazing! We had the best time and I really recommend you give it a try.

Albany, Western...
2 posts
1 review
8. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

Alberto took me up Angelone last week, a 300 metre multi-pitch just outside of Ballabio. I honestly couldn't recommend his skills, teaching and guidance highly enough. I felt very safe on what was my second ever multi-pitch whilst his teaching and patience have helped me develop my own skills as a climber. You want this guy on your team!

Albany, Western...
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

Last week Alberto took me up Angelone, a 300 metre multi-pitch in Ballabio. He has a phenomenal skill-set as both a guide and as a teacher. I felt entirely safe on what was my second ever multi-pitch and with Alberto's patience and guidance I was able to consolidate my own skills as a climber. You want this guy on your team!

Edited: 05 October 2013, 00:13
Southampton...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
10. Re: Climbing and via ferrata, lake como

I would also like to thoroughly recommend Alberto, I went canyoning with him and his partner Claudio this summer on Lake Como. They were really excellent, we had such a brilliant time and felt very safe. Alberto is very entertaining and he ensures that everyone is having fun. His English is really good too, unlike a lot of the other guides in the area. He never pushes anyone beyond their limits, but will help those feeling a little nervous and coax them out of their shells with ease! If I ever go back to that area, he will be the first person I call!