We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

Atherton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

Hi I have read most of the info regarding the Malpensa Express to Como via Saronno change but can i ask ,can you purchase a Return ticket at the airport for the same trip a few days later or will i have to purchase new tickets at Como Nord lago station for the return trip as im not sure the station may have the facilities to purchase the tickets

Atherton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

I guess i ask at the station

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

If you buy a ticket for a local train from a station in Italy, you can use it any time in the next 60 days. Before you get on a train, you must time-stamp the ticket in a machine at the station, after which it is valid for a few hours.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
524 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

Como Lago is generally well-maintained and a big commuter station, so you shouldn't have any trouble buying your ticket there if you prefer to wait until the return date.

Atherton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

Thanks Kat.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

Can anyone tell me the price of a ticket Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago (changing at Saronno). The Trenitalia website seems to always give me "No solutions found"

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

€8.75

The new Trenitalia website has a bug if you use its prompt for Como Nord Lago. You must enter it manually. But even if you do that, you'll find the times but not the price as that website is no longer selling tickets for many Trenord trains.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

Thanks Perilizia

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

There will be three of us wanting to get from Malpensa Airport to Lezzeno. A taxi seems to be quoted at E139,

while the train Malpensa to Como Nord Lago is 3 * E8.75 = E26.25 + plus the cost of a bus Como to Lezzeno, which is presumably fairly cheap. Therefore cheapness and the inconvenience of two changes with bags (Saronna & Como Nord) v expense! We have no Italian language - speak fluent Australian. Am undecided!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,199 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

This is a decision only you can make, but nothing beats the convenience of a door to door transfer, especially after a flight and with bags.

asfautolinee.it/Portals/…c30.pdf

Vagabonda

10. Re: Malpensa Airport to Como Nord Lago and Return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:16