We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an amazing place to eat.. Help!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
502 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for an amazing place to eat.. Help!

Hello,

My wonderful husband and I decided to hit Lake Como during our 3 day layover in Milan. We have been to Milan before and would like to see something new so Lake Como it is!

Can someone suggest a restaurant where we can have an unforgettable meal please? My budget is $100 pp.

Thank you!

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
536 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for an amazing place to eat.. Help!

Purely food-wise, my vote goes to Sant'Anna in Como.

Though the inside is lovely, they're kind of in a blah section of town, with no view to speak of, so if you're looking to eat on a lakeside terrace or overlooking a great view, you might try someplace like Alle Darsene's outside garden (Bellagio -- good food, service can be pretty slow, and the dining room inside is nothing special) or one of the rustic places on the mountainside -- there's one called Rifugio Martina way up on top of the hill behind Bellagio, and I've heard pretty good things about Al Veluu in Tremezzo.

Also very nice are Trattoria del Glicine in Cernobbio and a new place that's getting a lot of buzz in Como called Ittico (if you like seafood).

Buon appetito!

Edited: 07 March 2013, 11:54
tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for an amazing place to eat.. Help!

Bellagio has the lakeside restaurant at the Hotel Metropole. The setting is wonderful and my father thought the lake fish was excellent.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
502 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for an amazing place to eat.. Help!

Thank you for your suggestions, I will google these now!

Have a lovely day :)

4. Re: Looking for an amazing place to eat.. Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:17