We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment rental help please

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment rental help please

Hi,

I am hoping someone call help. We have just booked flights to Milan for my husband, baby and myself, and we found out the apartment we thought we'd be staying in has been let to someone else. I trying to find something else, but thinking asking for too much in my criteria. Is it necessary to have a pool? As I'm thinking the water might not be warm enough. Also, what towns are best for pushchairs? Our criteria is, wi fi (for work), terrace/balcony/garden (would be nice to have some grass for our baby to playon, but not essential), pool, walking distance to shops and restaurants, one or two bedrooms. Can anyone recomend any god companies? Many thanks in advance,I really don't want to have wasted money on flights if we can't find anywhere to stay.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
544 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment rental help please

I think you're correct in assuming the pool requirement may be drastically narrowing your field. I don't know when you're planning to travel, but there are beaches, lidos, and public pools in many of the towns, so you might try searching without that filter and see if that doesn't widen your choices considerably.

Tremezzina, Italy
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment rental help please

Hi Katie,

You're limiting your options by needing a swimming pool as while they are becoming more common, they're not the norm on Como. Depending on when you're going and age of your baby (due to temperatures), the lake is fine to swim in. Suggest you look at www.italianapartments.co.uk - they're English run and have a good choice of apartments with or without pools. Lenno is particularly good for pushchairs with a lakefront promenade and no cobbles. Avoid properties walking distance of Argegno if you're intending to walk down as it's cobbled and steps so no good for pushchairs - would need to drive! A beautiful town/village though. Menaggio would also be quite good for pushchairs.

Other consideration would be renting on Lake Maggiore if you find it more affordable as it's a comparable driving distance from Milan Malpensa.

Have a lovely holiday.

Sarah

www.ultissimo.com

3. Re: Apartment rental help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 06:15