We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May vs. June for Honeymoon?

New England
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
May vs. June for Honeymoon?

My fiance and I are considering a honeymoon on Lake Como following our wedding in May 2015 (a long way's away, but we're hoping to nail down a destination in the next few months). I see that May is the rainiest month, and I'm wondering whether the weather in June is better enough to justify our waiting a few weeks. We'd ideally like to travel immediately after our wedding in mid-May. Are conditions likely to be significantly less dicey by June, or should we bite the bullet and stick with May? Thank you!

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: May vs. June for Honeymoon?

It's very difficult. Normally May and June are good months.

The season on the lake starts on Easter (April normally).

But the climate is unpredictable.

Have a look at www.ilmeteo.it/portale/medie-climatiche

Brezza

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May vs. June for Honeymoon?

Hi, as Brezza says you can never tell with the weather but I would go with June because the more you get nearer the summer months the less chilly the evenings will be.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May vs. June for Honeymoon?

The last 2 years May was very cold until the end of the month, then it has became very hot. I would say June is better, but from the last week of May is ok. Then, of course, as Brezza says, the weather is unpredictable.

4. Re: May vs. June for Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:17