We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

South Fremantle...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

Hi to my tripadvisor friends,

Unfortunately we have left it a little late to book for a hotel in mid july to stay in Bellagio or Lake Como. Our option is to get a nice hotel on Lake Maggorie in Stresa. We are in our 30's and have a 14 year old son so we want to see the sights, go to the bars/resturants and in general just explore.

Should we settle for a hotel in Lake Como or go to another lake?? Please help!!

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

I really like Menaggio, it has such a"real" feel to it, and plenty of normal shops, not just those which sell souvenirs.

If you can't find anything in the mid-lake towns, which are connected by the mid-lake shuttle, I think that probably somewhere on Lake Garda might suit you better than Stresa.

The three lakes are beautiful.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

Have you checked booking.com they have availability in Belleville for mid July although I don't have your exact dates. Some are super expensive but some are reasonably.

montreal
Level Contributor
743 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

If you have a week or more, you could split your time between two lakes. The train service is great. It is one hour from Milan to Stresa, one hour from Milan to Varenna, but you can't go directly from Stresa to Varenna or anywhere in lake como because the mountains are in the way. I wasn't a big fan of Stresa, the Borromean Islands are great, but you can do both in an afternoon. Lake Como was my favorite, but I'm not a 14 year old boy.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

I am so sorry I was using my iphone and it auto corrected Bellagio for Belleville. : )

And I mean to say "reasonable".

Edited: 23 April 2014, 05:48
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

Kellie, have you actually emailed the hotels directly? Sometimes booking sites are sold out but the hotel still has rooms.

16. Re: Where to stay instead of Bellagio??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 05:16