We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Como to Dolomites on public transportation?

Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Como to Dolomites on public transportation?

My husband and I are staying in Bellagio and are heading to the Dolomites next. We don't have a rental car and would prefer to take public transportation. Besides taking the train to Milan and then over to Bolzano does anyone know another route? Is there a bus or maybe a direct train line I am missing?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,080 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Como to Dolomites on public transportation?

There are direct buses from Milan to the Dolomites in July/Aug and during the skiing season, but they tend to leave very early in the morning - you would have to overnight in Milan to catch them . e,g, autostradale.it/pdf/…Mi_Cortina_Estate.pdf (departs Sat. only)

autostradale.it/pdf/…Milano_Penia.pdf (departs 5 times a week)

Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Como to Dolomites on public transportation?

Thanks for the suggestion! We already had a stay in Milan so we were hoping to head over without staying. Sounds like the train back to Milan might be our best bet for this time of year. We are already in Bellagio :)

3. Re: Lake Como to Dolomites on public transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16