We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private boat tours of villas

Woonona
11 posts
Save Topic
Private boat tours of villas

Hi

I read on trip advisor that someone recommended a private boat tour to villa Balbianello. My query is: Is it possible to book a trip the day before during high season (end of July), or should I book weeks ahead.

Thanking you for any information

Den

Taxi Lake
Ferries, Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Menaggio Water Taxi
Boat Tours, Ferries
Boat Tour
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private boat tours of villas

Private boat tour is not really necessary. Just take the regular ferry to the village of Lenno.

From there you'll walk 5 minutes to a regular watertaxi, specially going to Villa Balbianello, again 5 minutes

Mentioned in this post
Lenno
Lenno
Lake Como, Italy
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private boat tours of villas

I agree, a private boat tour is not really necessary. For some reason that I don't know, on certain days of the week, you can only gain access to the villa by boat rather than on foot through the woods - but the water taxi can take you there as it can on other days when it is open.

As I understand it, the tours of the villa are only carried out by official members of FAI (the Italian equivalent of the National Trust) who owns the villa. If you are a member of such an organisation, I think you are allowed free entrance to the villa and gardens.

We turned up one busy August day in peak season and only waited for a very short while for the tour, you can then spend as much time as you like in the beautiful gardens - its position is absolutely stunning.

All being well, I hope to be in Lenno two weeks today !

Mentioned in this post
Lenno
Lenno
Lake Como, Italy
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private boat tours of villas

What is the path from Lenno like and how far is it? Hilly? Paved or gravel?

Thanks for any info.

Mentioned in this post
Lenno
Lenno
Lake Como, Italy
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private boat tours of villas

Flat and paved, lakeside. Totally easy and pretty

5. Re: Private boat tours of villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16