We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake como money exchanges

maidstone
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
lake como money exchanges

Is it a better exchange rate to exchange gb pounds to euros in Lake Como, than in UK,if so

where is the nearest money exchange near Ballageo.

Thankyou

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lake como money exchanges

There is a bank by the the lake in Bellagio, I think there's a cash machine there, I'm afraid I have no idea about which exchange rate would be best, I take some euros in cash (small denominations) and use the cash machines wherever I am - don't forget to let your bank know that you will be travelling!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,005 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lake como money exchanges

You will get a better rate by using a debit card in an ATM rather than exchanging cash.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,811 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lake como money exchanges

<You will get a better rate by using a debit card in an ATM rather than exchanging cash.>

Maybe not - almost all UK debit cards charge fees for FX cash withdrawals, and the fees are very high for some cards.

The person who can answer this question best is the OP, who can find out the charges and rates on his/her own card, and can also find out the rates available to change cash in Maidstone.

4. Re: lake como money exchanges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:17